Priest in charge:
The Very Reverend Protopresbyter Constantinos Garibaldinos – 07949 341631
Mr. George Pippas – 07789 461229
We are at 154 Cherry Hinton Road, CAMBRIDGE CB1 7AJ. See map.
- By Bus
- Use any of the numerous buses that run along Hills Road (e.g. Citi 1, Citi 7, Citi 8, busway A, busway C) and get off at the Hills Road Sixth Form College stop. It's a short walk (0.4 miles) from there. The Citi 3 bus runs along Cherry Hinton Road and stops right outside the church.
- By Car
- There is plenty of unrestricted parking on nearby roads on Saturdays and Sundays. There is also some limited parking on site (please park as far in as possible to maximize use of space).
- By Train
- We are 0.8 miles (about 16 minutes' walk) from Cambridge Train Station.
About the Community
The Greek Orthodox Community of St. Athanasios Cambridge was established in 1968 by the late Archbishop of Thyateira and Great Britain Gregorios, who was at the time the community's priest. The community is a registered charity and governed by the Board of Trustees. The Community's purpose is to serve the religious, educational and social needs of people of Greek and Greek Cypriot origin living in Cambridge and the surrounding areas.
The main Committee has the overall responsibility for operational and financial issues, while the Committee of the Greek School of St. Athanasios (the community's school) is primarily responsible for the running of the school. The Ladies' Committee, St Elena is involved with charitable activities.
The Community is based at its own freehold property at 154 Cherry Hinton Road, CAMBRIDGE CB1 7AJ.
The Church of St. Athanasios operates under the auspices of the Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain, Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.
The schedule of church services is regularly updated. The main language is Greek while effort is made for sermons and some readings to be delivered in English as well. Many of the services are streamed live via our Facebook page.
To become a member of the Greek Orthodox Community of St. Athanasios Cambridge please pick up a membership form at the Church or contact the Community's Chairman.
|9:00am – 12:00pm||Matins and Divine Liturgy|
December 2021 – Update on COVID-19 Government Restrictions from the Archdiocese
Beloved in the Lord,
Following the recent government announcements regarding the change in the COVID-19 protection measures, please note the following:
- From now on and until further notice a face covering is compulsory during Divine Services.
- The Parish Council must make sure that social distancing is maintained at all times.
- The Parish Council must supervise the proper and timely ventilation of the interior of the Church and all Church buildings.
From the Office of the Chancellor
Δεκέμβριος 2021 – Ενημέρωση για τις πρόσφατες ανακοινώσεις της Κυβέρνησης για τον COVID-19 από την Αρχιεπισκοπή
Αγαπητοί μου εν Κυρίω,
Κατόπιν των προσφάτων ανακοινώσεων της Κυβέρνησης για την αναβάθμιση των μέτρων προστασίας κατά του κορονοϊού COVID-19, παρακαλούμε να λάβετε υπ' όψη σας τα εξής:
- Από τούδε και στο εξής και μέχρι νεωτέρας, η μάσκα είναι υποχρεωτική κατά την διάρκεια όλων των Ιερών Ακολουθιών.
- Η Εκκλησιαστική Επιτροπή θα πρέπει να βεβαιώνεται ότι τηρούνται οι αποστάσεις μεταξύ των πιστών πάντοτε.
- Η Εκκλησιαστική Επιτροπή θα πρέπει να μεριμνά εγκαίρως και συστηματικά για τον σωστό εξαερισμό των εσωτερικών χώρων του Ιερού Ναού και όλων των συναφών χώρων.
Εκ της Πρωτοσυγκελλίας